RA-TECH - Variable Velocity Device (Piston/Piston Head/adjustment)RA-AE-SAT-001
- Suitable For Version 2, 3 Gear Box (Exception: Next Gen AEG, PSG1, Extended Cylinder)
- Material: Polymer Piston, Steel Full Teeth, Metal Piston Head, adjustment tool with extensions
- Weight: 210.00g
- The Variable Velocity Device or VVD is a set that includes a piston and piston head as well as an adjustment tool. The piston has head venting that can adjust to three different positions to alter the air flow to adjust the power generated. The piston installs into a normal gearbox and then the tool can be used to adjust the valve setting from outside the gun (via the barrel).
- The adjustment tool is made up of a hollow metal handle and a set of metal rods. The rods can screw together end-to-end to a total combination length of 700mm. Of course you only have to use as much length as you need. Each segment has a small hole running through it which can be used with a small Allen key to get much better torque grip on it to tighten and loosen the components. The valve on the VVD piston is rather tight so the tool has to be screwed together tightly to may adjustment easier. Similarly, the tool will likely need a pair of small Allen tools to loosen if the rods are screwed together more than finger tight.
- Although a new product, some testing has been performed prior to release. The VVD was tested in a version 2 gearbox inside an M4A1 with two different springs. In each case, the guns where tested for the FPS values at the 3 positions of the VVD; the results are as follows:
1.9 Joule Spring, 375mm Inner Barrel, 0.2g 6mm BBs.
- Position 1: 450 FPS (full power)
- Position 2: 340 FPS (20% drop )
- Position 3: 270 FPS (40% drop)
1.3 Joule Spring, 375mm Inner Barrel, 0.2g 6mm BBs.
- Position 1: 380 FPS (full power)
- Position 2: 315 FPS (17% drop)
- Position 3: 240 FPS (41% drop)
The valve regulates well at a variety of levels and maintains consistant shot-to-shot reading across all levels with different springs. That said, it is tuned for the higher power end of the spectrum and functions best with high power springs.
A 450 FPS weapon can be tuned for optimum performance for outdoor use but then dropped to 340 FPS for short range games and then dropped right down to 270 FPS for indoor games. An expensive gun that is terribly high performance could only be used in outdoor and high power games but this simple mod lets you use it any game simply by dropping the power.
Package includes: Piston/Piston Head/adjustment tool with extensions.